Marshall Pollard Dunshee1,2,3
M, b. August 1856, d. 31 March 1908
|Birth*||Marshall Pollard Dunshee was born in August 1856 at McKeesport, Allegheny Co., PA.4 |
|He was the son of Captain William Dunshee and Mary Ann Adams. |
|Note||Marshall Pollard Dunshee was single in 1900 census.4 |
|Residence*||He lived between 1900 and 1905 at 510 Ringold, McKeesport, Allegheny Co., PA.4,5 |
|Death*||He died on 31 March 1908 at family residence St. Clair and Ringgold St., McKeesport, Allegheny Co., PA, at age 51.6,3 |
|Burial*||He was buried on 2 April 1908 at McKeesport Versailles Cemetery, Sec. E, Lot 46, McKeesport, Allegheny Co., PA; Rev. W. R. Becker of the First Presbyterian church officiated.6,3,7 |
- [S52] 1850 U.S. Census of Mifflin Twp, Allegheny Co, PA, Washington, DC, p. 215, family 402.
- [S110] Thomas Cushing, History of Allegheny County, Pennsylvania.
- [S548] Pittsburgh Gazette Times, 02 Apr 1908, page 6, col. D.
- [S50] 1900 US Census of McKeesport., Allegheny Co., PA, Washington, DC, families 404; 129/130; and 243.
- [S540] McKeesport City DIrectory, p. 162.
- [S47] Fischer, McKeesport Versailles Cemetery 1856-1971.
- [S1462] The McKeesport and Versailles Cemetery, online www.mckeesportcemetery.com/.
F, b. between 1755 and 1759
|Note*||Martha Dunshee may be related, or even the same person.2 |
|Birth*||She was born between 1755 and 1759 at NH; The will of Thomas Dunshee (drawn 22 January 1772 and probated on 30 July 1772), husband of Elizabeth Moore, lists bequests to his wife, Betty, and to six children: Hugh, Sarah, Thomas, Robert, Mary and Martha. At the time the will was drawn, all except Hugh and Sarah were minors. Since Mary would have to wait only two years after Thomas's death for her bequest, assuming that Thomas expected to die shortly after the will was drawn and the waiting periods were probably for the two girls to reach the age of twenty-one (since they were not yet married), that would place Mary's birth at about 1753/54 (ca 1757 if 18 the age of majority) , and Martha's at 1755/56 ( ca 1759).1 |
|She was the daughter of Thomas Dunshee and Elizabeth Moore.1 |
- [S651] Bob Buegler, "Dunshee Descendants," e-mail to Karol F. Dunshee, 03 -24 Mar 2000.
- [S804] 1790 Census of NH.
Martha E. Dunshee1,2
F, b. 7 January 1852, d. 24 September 1875
|Birth*||Martha E. Dunshee was born on 7 January 1852 at OH.1,2 |
|She was the daughter of Harrison Dunshee and Sylphina Laura Nye.1 |
|Marriage*||Martha E. Dunshee married Seth R. Hanchett, son of Oliver Hanchett and Cornelia (?), on 16 September 1873 at Summit Co., OH.3,2 |
|Death*||Martha E. Dunshee died on 24 September 1875 at age 23.2 |
|Burial*||She was buried at Locust Grove Cemetery, Twinsburg, Summit Co., OH.2 |
- [S236] 1860 U.S. Census of Twinsburgh Twp., Summit Co., Ohio, Washington, DC, P. 63, family 471.
- [S526] Jeffrey Alan Mills, Locust Grove Cemetery.
- [S148] International Genealogical Index (IGI).
Martha Francis Dunshee1
F, b. 17 May 1857, d. between 1900 and 1908
|Birth*||Martha Francis Dunshee was born on 17 May 1857 at Davis Co., IA.2 |
|She was the daughter of Lemuel D. Dunshee and Rebecca Katharine Swift. |
|Marriage*||Martha Francis Dunshee married John Wesley Long, son of John Long and Barbary E. Corteny, on 12 April 1885 at Lemuel Dunshee's home, Jackson Twp., Wayne Co., IA.2 |
|Census*||Martha Francis Dunshee and John Wesley Long appeared on the census of 1900 at Grant Twp., Dekalb Co., MO.3 |
|Death*||Martha Francis Dunshee died between 1900 and 1908 at perhaps, MO; According to Wm. Efford's 1908 obituary, only two of his sisters and two of his brothers were living (Cora Bell, Louwilda, Robert, & Orlando were living).3 |
- [S32] 1910 U.S. Census Hopkins Twp., Nodaway Co., Missouri, Washington, DC, E.D. 125, family 185.
- [S30] Certificate, John Wesley Long & Martha F. Dunshee marriage of 12 Apr 1885.
- [S31] 1900 US Census of Grant Twp., Dekalb Co., MO, Washington, DC, ED 70, Sheet 4, family 72.
Martha Louise Dunshee1
- [S1824] T.M. Dunshee and added to by Martha Dunshee Michael Barbara Dunshee Greene and Larry Michael, ""DUNSHEE HISTORY" as written by T.M. Dunshee with additional descendant information", received from Larry Michael in August 2010.
- [S78] George Dunshee, "Thomas & Mary (McLoney) Descendants."
Martha Selena Dunshee1
F, b. 22 June 1857, d. 10 April 1932
|Birth*||Martha Selena Dunshee was born on 22 June 1857 at Sunderland, England.1 |
|She was the daughter of James Dunshee and Louisa Hodgetts.1 |
|Death*||Martha Selena Dunshee died on 10 April 1932 at West Bromwich, Staffordshire, West Midlands, England, at age 74.1 |
- [S350] Letter, Michael Barry Treadwell to Orville Dunshee, 14 Oct 1997.
F, b. 6 July 1785
|Birth*||Mary Dunshee was born on 6 July 1785 at Jaffrey, Cheshire Co., NH.2,3 |
|She was the daughter of Thomas Dunshee and Hannah Smith.2 |
|Marriage*||Mary Dunshee married Jeremiah McNay on 25 May 1807 at Bristol, Addison Co., VT.4 |
- [S132] International Genealogical Index (IGI).
- [S166] Albert Annett & Alice E.E. Lehtinen, Generations of Jaffrey, NH.
- [S645] International Genealogical Index (IGI), Mary Dunshee m. Jeremiah McNee.
- [S369] Hon. Harvey Munsill Esq., Munsill's History of Bristol, VT, p. 82.
F, b. 3 January 1826, d. 11 December 1855
|Birth*||Mary Dunshee was born on 3 January 1826 at Cambridge, Lamoille Co., VT; noted as Robert Dunshee's oldest sister in his will, Carroll Co., IL.1,2 |
|She was the daughter of Jonathan L. Dunshee and Leah Thompson.1 |
|Marriage*||Mary Dunshee married Norman D. French, son of Jacob French and Permelia (?), on 23 October 1849 at Cambridge, Lamoille Co., VT.3,4,5 |
|Death*||Mary Dunshee died on 11 December 1855 at Carroll Co., IL, at age 29; Robert mentioned Mary's Grandchildren: LeRoy Houghton & Harry Houghton.5 |
- [S184] Robert Dunshee will of Carroll Co., IL.
- [S646] International Genealogical Index (IGI).
- [S450] Unknown author, Portrait & Biog. Album of Jo Daviess & Carroll Co., IL, p. 946-947.
- [S694] Annette W. Coleman, "Dunshee-Stroud-Hamilton Descendants."
- [S927] Lynnea Dickinson, Norman D. French biography in "The History of Carroll County, Illinois, published 1878 by H.F. Kett & Co.," listserve message 07 Mar 2001.
F, b. 20 October 1786
- [S242] "Dunshee-Laune Bible."